Monday, January 01, 2007




New Year's On the Rhein


In addition to the usual clubbing options, lots of Dorfers head to the banks of the Rhein to drink Champagne (or sparkling wine, if you're a stickler) and shoot off fireworks. I'm not sure there's even an official display, just LOTS of people with their own pyrotechnics. This goes on for at least 20 minutes -- that's when i got tired of inhaling gunpowder residue & the increasingly close firecracker pops. It's definitely worth checking out. Much cooler than the usual techno clubs...

Unfortunately, I lost my mini tripod in Munich (damn beer halls!), so I was forced to just rest the camera on a railing, since I'm not quite able to hold it steady for a 2 second exposure.

And one of my New Year's resolutions is to post better. The 3 wk absence of posts can be blamed on a family visit.

No comments: