Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Not That There's Anything Wrong With That...


In my continued, though unintentional, quest to display most of the attributes stereotypically accorded to homosexual men (don't hold your breath on me being neat or having sex with men), I watched "The Devil Wears Prada" last night. It was very funny, filled with lots of very attractive women (which soothed my homoegophobia), and Meryl Streep did a great job.

This brings me to an interesting issue. Several years back, Tommy Lee Jones won an Oscar for "The Fugitive" and I think 95% of that win was the screenwriting. This happens a lot, ESPECIALLY with supporting actors. They have a few great lines (delivered well), and the accolades follow. On the bright side, I think it's great that a comedic role (though one played as straight as humanly possible) got a nomination. Too often comedies get screwed over. Borat? NO. Eddie Murphy? No. It's a damn shame.

No comments: