Thursday, January 10, 2008

Reading List 2008


I started the year with "The Zombie Survival Guide": a drily funny, yet very serious look at how to survive a zombie outbreak. I may not be ready now, but with 5-10 years of training and relentless preparation, I should be able to survive an outbreak of the undead. If you're interested in joining my team, let me know.

On the list for 2008, at least tentatively:
At Bat: "Salt" by Mark Kurlansky
On Deck: "Get Shorty" by Elmore Leonard
Later in the Order:
"Prague" and "The Egyptologist" by Arthur Phillips
"When Baghdad Ruled the Muslim World" by Hugh Kennedy
"The Club Dumas" and "The Flanders Panel" by Arturo Perez-Reverte
"Baudolino" and "The Name of the Rose" (reread) by Umberto Eco
"Ulysses" by James Joyce

Any recommendations are definitely welcome. Especially if you know of books set in the champagne region, the former yugoslavia, or anywhere else I might travel this year...

No comments: