Saturday, June 20, 2009

Dreamweaver



For the past few months, I've had problems going to sleep. I'll be in bed, exhausted, trying to sleep, and ... nothing. Then the next morning I'll wake up, surprisingly refreshed for a night of tossing and turning. That all changed in Amsterdam. Once again, I was unable to sleep, when suddenly, I was woken up by our intrepid captain who informed me that I was snoring. Now, snoring is very unusual for me -- when I'm awake. Apparently, I haven't really had trouble sleeping, but instead I've just had a recurring dream of having trouble sleeping.

This is, to say the least, annoying. First, I feel like a character in a John Irving novel. Second, I have a wide variety of better dreams that are not recurring (see: Hayek, Salma). While this one has a nice metadream quality, it's not really something I would choose for my iDreams playlist. On the bright side, like the gray dots in the classic optical illusion, once this dream has been identified, it seems to have disappeared.

No comments: