Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Citi CEO Is McFly -- Does This Make Geithner Biff?



Unfortunately, my day job precludes me from being able to competently mock every mock-worthy bit of news about my former employer. This tasty tidbit slipped past me last week, but it's a doozy. The author stops just short of openly mocking VikiP and his merry band of idiots but leaves little doubt that he doesn't think much of the direction of the company.

The author highlights the company's recent discovery that “there is a group of people who were in their 20s and are now in their 30s, and actually have some money,” then moves on to Citi's executive brainstorming that has decided “to embrace a more client- and customer-centric approach across our product lines and delivery channels.” Apparently, the previous GFY* approach to clients and customers wasn't really setting the banking world on fire**.

However, it's the author's comparison of VikiP to Marty McFly in "Back to the Future" that most amused me. Ever since, I've been thinking of Tim Geithner with VikiP in a headlock rapping his skull while saying, "Hello! McFly!***"

While on the subject of "Back to the Future", I also thought this was pretty funny.



* You'll figure it out.
** It did burn a lot of bridges with customers, though.
*** Was the guy filming this drunk, or was he suffering from vertigo?

No comments: