Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009



After my coconspirator* weaseled out of the weekend, I cooked turkey and fixings for some (more than I had room for, actually) of my Ultimate DeLux loved ones**. Of course, since I'm in half-gimp mode, food prep was spread over several days. However, peeling potatoes and chopping veggies are actually easy to do while seated. Unlike, say, showering.

I did realize that dry champagne is the perfect wine (if you can get it fairly cheaply, which I can) to pair with my favorite holiday meal, Thanksgiving. Try it, it's sooooooo tasty.

On the menu:
Champagne
Turkey
Cornbread Dressing
Sweet Potato Casserole
Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Green Beans
Salad ***
Pumpkin Pie
Pecan Pie
Lots of Wine
Good Grappa


* Scott
** And Brendan
*** As the link tells you, you don't win friends with salad, though

No comments: