Wednesday, May 19, 2010

My Top-Rated-Workout-Killing-Songs

It will come as no surprise to my friends and family that I'm incredibly lazy with my iTunes playlists. I update them very rarely* and so "My Top Rated" is my go-to workout playlist. This is dangerous, as I like quite a few songs that are slow** or otherwise not conducive to a good run. On the other hand, these are perfect*** for Meryl.

My Top-Rated Workout Killers:

  • "Big Rock Candy Mountain" by Harry McClintock - As Alex F will tell you, this song is awesome. But it's slow and I have to pause to hear "and the little streams of alcohol come a tricklin' down the rocks" which then makes me laugh.
  • "Bitter Sweet Symphony" by The Verve - It might've been in a Nike commercial, but it's for long, slow rides**** only.
  • "Fast Car" by Tracy Chapman - Normally, folk songs about the thin line between success and homelessness get me fired up. Not this one.
  • "Yellow" by Coldplay***** - This is a great song if you like to nap on the treadmill.
  • "Human Beings" by Seal - Seal is great for setting the mood -- for lovin', not runnin'.
  • "The Joker" by The Steve Miller Band - Not even speaking of the pompitus of love can get me moving.

* Dick-Cheney-admitting-mistakes rarely.
** This is how you know I'm gay.

*** Just a reminder, the theme from "The Bodyguard" is the worst possible workout song.  You'll drop your weights or hop off the treadmill before Whitney gets to the end of her first "and Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii will always love you"
**** That's intentional double-entendre there.
***** Also how you know I'm gay.

No comments: