Wednesday, March 30, 2011

You Stay Classy, Fiesta Bowl

I dislike the BCS. I think it's arbitrary and only slightly more legitimate than pro wrestling. The major conferences have rigged it so that they get a big payday no matter what. Anyway, there was an internal investigation, and it turns out that the CEO of the Fiesta Bowl is a huge sleazebag. How sleazy? This was his justification that dropping over $1200 at a high-end strip club in September 2008 had a "legitimate business purpose":

"We are in the business where big strong athletes are known to attend these types of establishments," Junker said, according to investigators. "It was important for us to visit and we certainly conducted business."

"We certainly conducted business"?!? At a strip club? Why not just say, "We banged a couple of strippers in the VIP room"? Not since "I'm taking my talents to South Beach" have we had a sports-generated euphemism for seedy behavior. Thank you, John Junker & the BCS, I plan to enjoy my new favorite catch phrase!

2 comments:

magpie said...

I find it difficult to believe you are shocked that business takes place at strip clubs. It may not be as prevalent in large companies, but it still happens all the time.

jtingermany said...

I'll take your word for it, Magpie. Though from what I've seen on TV, only mobsters do business there.

endol - The official pain reliever of Dr. Kevorkian